Inserted and Solid-Body Wiper Dies for Tube Bending
Bend Tooling’s industry-leading inserted wiper die is our most popular product. Over the past thirty years, we have perfected the design and manufacture of our inserted wiper dies for tube bending, and no one else comes close to our quality, price, and speed of delivery.
We also manufacture traditional “aircraft-quality” square-back solid-body wiper dies plus we have a resharpening service for these tools (including those made by our competitors). Square-back solid-body wiper dies are excellent for high-pressure tube-bending jobs that require the wiper to be set at zero-rake. However, they are relatively costly to purchase and then recondition as they wear.
Whether inserted or solid, our wiper dies for tube bending have a fully machined feathered edge. Unlike our competitors, there is no manual honing or sanding of the feathered edge. Bend Tooling precision machines this essential attribute of the wiper die. With tube bending equipment, do not settle for less.
Our wiper tooling line features the following:
- Standard inserted and solid wipers available for round tubing; solid-body “flat” wipers for square and rectangular tubing.
- Standard tooling available for tube diameters from .875″ to 5″ (22mm to 125mm).
- Precision machined feathered edge.
- Simple-sweep feathered edge geometry for most jobs and off-set “aero” geometry for stainless, titanium, and other high-pressure tube-bending.
- Dozens of standard mounting patterns (both inch and metric) are available at no extra cost.
- Square-back alloy steel holders standard for inserted wipers.
- Wiper inserts available in aluminum-bronze, hard-chromed, and leaded steel.
- Inserts attach to the holders through the bore for easier replacement on the machine.
- Sold as complete assemblies and individual replacement wiper inserts.
- Wiper insert mounting screws available separately.
Understanding Wiper Set-up with Standard-Style Inserts
Understanding Wiper Set-up with “Aerospace” (Aero) Inserts
Requests for Quotation
Click here to receive pricing, delivery and specifications of the tooling you need including complete sets of tools, mandrel tooling and wiper tooling.