Inserted and Solid-Body Wiper Dies with Components for Rotary-Draw Tube Bending
We also manufacture traditional “aircraft-quality” square-back solid-body wiper dies plus we have a resharpening service for these tools (including those made by our competitors). Square-back solid-body wiper dies are excellent for high-pressure tube-bending jobs that require the wiper to be set at zero-rake. However, they are relatively costly to purchase and then recondition as they wear.
Whether inserted or solid, all of our wipers have a fully machined feathered edge. Unlike our competitors, there is no manual honing or sanding of the feathered edge. Bend Tooling precision machines this essential attribute of the wiper die. Do not settle for less.
- Standard inserted and solid wipers available for round tubing; custom solid-body “flat” wipers for square and rectangular tubing.
- Standard tooling available for tube diameters from .875″ to 5″ (22mm to 125mm).
- Precision machined feathered edge.
- Simple-sweep feathered edge geometry for most jobs and off-set geometry for stainless, titanium, and other high-pressure tube-bending.
- Bore and radius faces micro-finished to 32 or better.
- Dozens of standard mounting patterns (both inch and metric) are available at no extra cost.
- Half-round alloy steel holders standard for inserted wipers.
- Wiper inserts available in aluminum-bronze, hard-chromed, and leaded steel.
- Inserts attach to the holders through the bore for easier replacement on the machine.
- Square-back aluminum-bronze bodies standard for solid wipers.
- Sold as complete assemblies and individual replacement wiper inserts.
- Wiper insert mounting screws available separately.
Understanding Wiper Set-up with Standard-Style Inserts
Understanding Wiper Set-up with “Aerospace” (Aero) Inserts
Requests for Quotation
For price and delivery of our rotary-draw tube-bending products, including complete sets of tools, mandrel tooling and wiper tooling, please submit an online request.